This handbook describes how to configure Citrix® XenApp 6.0 for two-factor RADIUS authentication when you are using an ActivIdentity 4TRESS Authentication Server. Citrix XenApp is a thin client product that enables you to connect to corporate applications. Citrix XenApp hosts applications on central servers and allow users to interact with the applications remotely. It also enables the streaming of applications to user devices for local use.
1. On the server where Citrix XenApp is installed, navigate to the web.config file located in the following directory: C:/inetpub/wwroot/Citrix/XenApp/
2. Under Computer, select Local Disk (C:), and then highlight web.config .
3. To edit the web.config file, right-click, and then select Edit.
4. Add the 4TRESS RADIUS shared secret location and the 4TRESS RADIUS server information. Specifically,
edit the following lines:
5. Create a radius_secret.txt file and add it to the following directory (as illustrated next):
This file contains the RADIUS shared secret on a 4TRESS RADIUS channel. For example:
6. To begin setting up RADIUS in XenApp, launch Citrix Web Interface Management from the Start menu.
7. In the left panel under Citrix Web Interface, click XenApp Web Sites.
8. Under Site name, select XenApp in the center panel.
9. Right-click, and then double-click Authentication Methods.
10. In the Configure Authentication Methods – XenApp pop-up displayed, select the Explicit option.
11. Click Properties.
12. In the tree to the left, expand Explicit, and then click Two-Factor Authentication.
13. From the Two-factor setting drop-down menu, select RADIUS.
14. Add a RADIUS Server with a Server address and Server port, and then click OK.
15. On the Two-Factor Authentication dialog, click OK
16. When the Configure Authentication Methods – XenApp dialog is displayed, click OK
After you have completed RADIUS configuration, you will see the Citrix XenApp Web – Logon page displayed, as